Level Effects and Lighting
The main lights that the players will notice are the lights inside the buildings and the lighting outside in the park. I decided to set my level at dusk so I set the lighting outside accordingly. Inside the buildings I wanted to make sure it was all lit for maximum visibility so I used simple, easy to tile lights that provide simple light or the whole building. In the park I didn't use any artificial light, so I just relied on the directional light that I set up for the whole level. If I wanted to make the level even scarier I could have reduced the lighting in the level to make it darker. If I used this method there would be the problem of the level not having enough light and the player would not be able to see enough. I also could have set the scene to midday and brightened the outside light to give it that impression, since this wasn't my intention when I designed the level I decided against it.
No comments:
Post a Comment